Industry-leading page layout typesetting application lets you create, preflight and publish beautiful documents for print and digital media. Design everything for digital, online & offset print quality stationery, flyers and posters to brochures, annual reports, magazines and books. Professional layout and typesetting tools, you can create multicolumn pages that feature stylish typography and rich graphics, images and tables and quickly deliver immersive experiences in any file format, from EPUB PDF for document distribution & Pre-pres and PDF to HTML.
InDesign "Advance & Professional" Course.
(day by day class details)
Getting to Know the Work Area: 01 Class (2 Hours)
- Work with tools, document windows, the pasteboard, and palettes.
- Change the magnification of the document.
- Navigate through a document.
- Work with layers.
- Manage palettes and save your workspace.
- Use context menus and InDesign Help.
Setting Up Your Document: 02 Class (4 Hours)
- Start a new document.
- Create, edit, and apply master pages.
- Set document defaults.
- Adjust pasteboard size and bleed area.
- Add sections to change page numbering.
- Override master page items on document pages.
- Add graphics and text to document pages.
Working with Frames: 04 Class (8 Hours)
- Use the Selection and Direct Selection tools to modify frames.
- Resize and reshape text and graphics frames.
- Distinguish between bounding boxes and their frames.
- Crop a graphic.
- Scale an image contained in a graphics frame.
- Move a graphic within its frame.
- Convert a graphics frame to a text frame.
- Wrap text around an object.
- Create and rotate a polygon frame.
- Align graphic objects to each other.
- Center and scale an object within a frame.
Importing and Editing Text: 02 Class (4 Hours)
- Enter text into text frames.
- Flow text manually and automatically.
- Load styles from another document and apply them.
- Thread text.
- Use semi-auto flow to place text frames.
- Find and change text and formatting.
- Find and change a missing font.
- Check Spelling in a document.
- Automatically correct misspelled words.
- Set type to follow a curved path.
Working with Typography: 03 Class (6 Hours)
- Prepare and use a baseline grid.
- Change type spacing and appearance.
- Create special characters.
- Create a tabbed table with tab leaders and hanging indents.
- Insert special characters in text using OpenType fonts.
Working with Color : 02 Class (4 Hours)
- Add colors to the Swatches palette.
- Apply colors to objects.
- Create dashed strokes.
- Create and apply a gradient swatch.
- Adjust the direction of the gradient blend.
- Create a tint.
- Create a spot color.
- Specify a color management engine.
- Specify default source ICC profiles.
- Assign ICC profiles in InDesign
- Embed ICC profiles in graphics created in other Adobe programs.
Working with Styles: 04 Class (4 Hours)
- Create and apply Object styles.
- Create and apply Character styles.
- Create and apply Paragraph styles.
- Nest Character styles inside Paragraph styles.
- Globally update Object, Character, and Paragraph styles.
- Import and apply styles from other InDesign documents.
Importing and Linking Graphics: 02 Class (4 Hours)
- Distinguish between vector and bitmap graphics.
- Place layered Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator graphics.
- Import clipping paths with graphics, and create clipping paths.
- Manage placed files using the Links palette.
- Use and create libraries for objects. Import graphics using Adobe Bridge.
Creating Tables : 03 Class (6 Hours)
- Import formatted tables from other applications, such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Format tables with alternating row colors.
- Format cell and border strokes.
- Apply colors to individual rows.
- Delete and resize columns.
- Set precise column dimensions.
- Place single or multiple graphics within a cell.
- Format text in tables by columns and by rows.
Working with Transparency : 02 Class (4 Hours)
- Colorize an imported black-and-white graphic.
- Change the opacity of objects drawn in InDesign.
- Apply blending modes to overlapping objects.
- Apply feathering to soften the edges of objects.
- Adjust transparency settings for imported graphics.
- Apply transparency settings to text.
- Apply drop shadows to text and graphics.
Working with Long Documents : 03 Class (6 Hours)
- Join multiple InDesign documents into a book.
- Specify page numbering across separate documents using a book.
- Create a Table of Contents for a book.
- Assign a source document for defining styles.
- Update book files after modifying documents.
- Create index references.
- Generate an index file and sort entries.
- Edit index references.
Printing and PDF Exporting : 02 Class (4 Hours)
- Confirm that an InDesign file and all its elements are ready for printing.
- Generate a PDF file for others to proof your work.
- Assemble all necessary files for printing or delivery to a service provider or printer.
- Print documents containing spot colors.
- Select appropriate print settings for fonts and graphics.
- Create a Print preset to automate the printing process.
- Magazine & news paper
- Books & journals for print & EPUB
- logo design, business card, letterhead
- Digital Print advertising
- Product Packaging Design
- Advertising & Publication Design
- Signage & Map Information Design
- Prepress for Print Graphics & advertising
- Multple page output CTP
- Post Press
- Printing Techniques
- DTP operator
- creative director
- art director
- graphic designer
- brand identity developer
- production manager
- collaterals house
- multimedia Production companies
- advertising Agencies
- Design agencies
- Local government
- Commerce and industry
- book publishing house
- packaging and labeling house
- printing and production house
- leading newsprint & magazine
- logo & illustration work.
Routine Mode: 30 Days, 2 hours/day
Weekend Classes available in Sat. & Sun.
Min. class hrs. 4 hrs. a day
Eligibility: 10+2 of any stream or equavalant Diploma