Routing Mode: 4 Months, 5 days in a week, 2 hours a day
Rapid Mode: Not Available
Fees Domestic: INR 30,000/- International: USD 530
Amounts listed are the total of tuition, lab and study material fees, exam fee.
GST extra, Fees are subject to change.
Introduction to 3D Modeling for Games
This GMAC course will cover the principles of modelling and texturing game objects and placing them into a game engine. Students will learn how to create high and low geometry game objects. They will learn how to create UV’s and various textures such as Diffuse, Specular, ambient occlusion and normal maps using 3DS max (Mudbox or Zbrush) and Photoshop. The course will cover methods of creating realistic objects and textures for next-gen gaming and optimized modelling and texturing workflows for portable gaming like the iPhone or PSP. Vertex lighting techniques will also be covered for low and high-resolution environment lighting. All objects & textures created will be imported into a game engine for viewing.
Pre-requisite: Basic knowledge of Photoshop and Modeling
Chapter 1: Fundamental Module
- Navigating 3D space
- Creating geometry
- Animation basics
- Light and cameras
- Material Editor, Materials, and Maps
- Effects and Environments
- Video post-production
- Utilities Customizing the user interface
Chapter 2: Specialisation
- Conceptualizing 3D coordinate systems
- How to construct 3D models using various tools
- Low polygon modelling for games
- Props Modeling
- Environment Designing (Landscape designing)
- Vertex painting and baking of textures
- Polygon count constraints
Goals of 3D Modeling for Games
- Work in a production environment
- Understand the mechanics of 3D Max
- Be able to create 3D Models using a variety of techniques
- Work with materials to texture models
- Understand hot to light a scene.
- Be able to create animations.
- Stage a scene and understand cinematography
- Know how to create output for use in post-production